Happy Easter! [x]
DOGS TREATED AFTER EATING EASTER CHOCOLATES - “The effects of chocolate poisoning in dogs usually appear within four hours of eating, and can last as long as 24 hours. Initial signs can include excessive thirst, vomiting, diarrhea, a sore stomach and restlessness.”
The People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) in the U.K. recently treated two dogs who had eaten Easter holiday chocolates. The PDSA is urging owners to be mindful of the dangers of chocolate to dogs. Here’s more from the PDSA:Last year, PDSA vets and nurses saw over 400 cases where dogs had eaten potentially life-threatening chocolate across the UK at its PetAid hospitals. Many pets required emergency treatment after falling victim to the harmful effects of theobromine – a common ingredient in human chocolate. The high sugar content of chocolate is no good for pets’ waistlines or teeth either, contributing to obesity and dental disease.And it’s not just chocolate eggs that could shatter the peace, according to PDSA. Other popular Easter goodies such as chocolate coated raisins, peanuts and coffee beans are even more dangerous to pets, due to a potentially lethal cocktail of toxic chemicals they contain that can harm pets.The dogs pictured above are named Poppy and Molly, who fortunately are ok after having eaten chocolate coins and Easter egg. Please share with those who may not be aware about the potential harm of chocolate to dogs. Click here for more from the PDSA.
Grumpy cat gets a professional photo shoot at Time.
Baby elephant trying to climb on top of its mother
My name is Roo i’m 8 weeks old and when i get cold my humans let me wear my favorite wooly hat.
Shiba-Inu Pool Party
Photographs © takyua.baby